Tuesday 30 November 2010

Mind-Jazz

Well, been absent from here for a few days as not much to report.  I think this is to be expected as this journey starts to get monotonous in places - kinda like a drive across countryside and currently there's nothing much to look at apart from bushes, fields, and the occasional quizzical sheep.

Been quite grumpy of late - goes to show that being sober doesn't necessarily fix all my rubbish personality traits.  After all, I'm stubborn, contrary, surly, self-absorbed, spoilt, misanthropic, negative, grumpy, stroppy etc. etc.  And although I reckon I'm pretty much a better person to be around when I'm dry, these lovely aspects of my me-ness still can't help but rear their pug-ugly noggins from time-to-time.

Another one of my dozy-arsed traits that has been bubbling over is introspection - this can be both positive and negative for me - however, ultimately it means I tend to spout pseudo-intellectual bullshit.  So not to disappoint, here comes an excerpt from my current poncy noodling (I remember once some posh hippy kid at a party in Chorlton referred to such a thing as 'mind-jazz' - tit!):

Every now and then there are times when the notion of parallel universes becomes more stark for me. That is, those universes that are born out of decisions (where you choose one path that leads to one universe; and where the other non-travelled path spawns a what-could-have-been universe, and so on and so on and so on...).  Removing booze from my life is making me think of those what-could-have-been universes.  How bad, good, or indifferent those universes are; how things you can't have in this universe, you can have in another, and vice versa...  How future choices may be either ultimately dangerous and destructive, or wonderful and life-affirming.  And try throwing Fate into that mix...  No, actually, on second thoughts, don't do that!

I think that's enough mind-jazz for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment