Saturday 13 November 2010

Keep Schtumm?!

Well,  I summoned up the courage and went to a meeting on my own.  I'd heard that the daytime City Centre meetings can be a little, shall we say, curious.  Tales of a mixture of 'suits' and rough-arse street-drinkers.  The smell of Blood & Urine mingled with Dolce & Gabbana aftershave. So I went with a little bit of trepidation.

No need. It was absolutely nothing like the circus I was expecting.  I was welcomed warmly by, yeah, a pretty diverse bunch; but hardly an out-of-the-ordinary crowd.  Again a whole new range of thought-provoking stories were shared.  The difference this time was that I said a bit. And to be honest, I wish I hadn't..!

Virtually everyone in the room had 'shared'; and right at the end, the main guy asked did I want to say something.  The trouble is, since I opened my cakehole, I've completely over-analysed what blathered out!  I believe the problem is that I'd over-rehearsed what I would say in my head, thus it probably sounded insincere and garbled. I'm sure they thought I was a pompous tit (I made the mistake of telling the 'mint' story, and that came out all ruddy wrong - wish I hadn't).

I've decided it will be a while before I pipe-up again.  From now on, I listen and I learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment