Monday 22 November 2010

...and smells of curry?

Well, it's a fortnight without the demon-drink and gotta say I feel great!  Just can't help thinking this is all too easy - but I suppose why does it have to get more difficult???

Mind you, went for a curry with the missus and daughter (L & M) and although was okay not drinking (first sit-in curry I've had for as long as I can remember without 3 or 4 pints), there was a faint sense of weirdness & uneasiness - probably because it wasn't the norm of the past...  Speaking of such, I always used to suggest going for a sit-in curry on a Sunday so that I could squeeze in those extra pints of booze.  Chances are I'd been drinking since midday (especially with football on), and the curry was always secondary to the pints (a take-away would be no good as I would be finishing off the drink I had in the fridge).  Anyway, not anymore!

Another thing I'd always do at weekends is have to sit and drink whilst watching a film - the wine glass or pint of cider would always be in my hand throughout, and would never run dry when a film was on.  This weekend I watched two films each on Saturday and Sunday without a drop; and guess what?  I can remember how they all ended!  There've been so many times when I've thought "Yeah, I enjoyed that" - but, for the life of me, had no idea what happened in the end.  Mind you, with some films, that's a blessing.

So, another week ahead.  Gonna go to a new meeting tomorrow in a place that Everybody Knows is Nowhere - and, based on the location, chances are it should house some peculiarities and curios! You merely have to pay the post-office a visit in this place to get a nice cross-section of it's denizens. I'll look forward to reporting back...

No comments:

Post a Comment