Sunday 14 November 2010

Dry Thirsts!

Apart from the obvious, I've managed two firsts this week.

Firstly, I watched my first Manchester Derby of my adult life stone-cold sober - mind you, hardly any need for some kind of sedative as the game was enough to send an insomniac into a log-like slumber (and it seems my City boys carried on where they left off, with an equally dour performance against Birmingham yesterday)!

Secondly, I went for a meal with my folks (a place we've been many times before) where I would normally put away three or four pints.  This time, I washed down two glasses of lime & lemonade!  And do you know what, I didn't even think about booze.  I saw pints going out to other tables, and not once did I feel a pang of jealousy or envy.

I'm not gonna be complacent, as I know things are probably relatively easy at this very early stage of 'my journey'; but I reckon I can give meself a little pat on the back at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment