Saturday 29 January 2011

Good Hair Days

Things continue along a positive vein (apart from a dip the other day - see last post) but I'm still very very new to this, so I must always remember to take nothing for granted.

Anything 'else', sir?
I had my first proper night out in a pub last night (my Christmas do didn't really count, as I'd had enough of that and bailed by 5.30pm).  Yeah, I know.  If you go into a barber's shop you come out with a haircut and all that!  Well, my hair's the same, didn't even get a shave, and definitely didn't pick up 'something for the weekend' (suppose that's married life for you - ho ho)...

I really enjoyed myself.  Granted I got a bit agitated by the end of the evening; and the odd drunken person got on my pip a little; but all told, I had a lovely lovely time.  Thankfully, some wonderful folks were out and it was a pleasure to share an evening with 'em (J & K - you know who you are!!!).  Not excepting L (the perennially curly missus) who is my rock and no messin'!

Although, I do worry that I have a desire to tell all and sundry about my plight - "I'm an alcoholic, me!" (the postman didn't look particularly impressed...)  I also fear that I witter on about my sobriety far too much and bore every poor bloody soul to death (says me, writing this gloriously self-indulgent drivel for your delectation)! I've resolved to try not to mention it so much, as I'll start sounding like some fundamentalist vegan or devout God-botherer; constantly blithering on about how honey-production is exploitation of bees or how much Jesus loves every last one of you...

I'm still smoking the tabs.  Which, sadly, I bloody love.  It really annoys me that (as I wasn't smoking when I was boozing) the money I'd save on pouring grog down me neck is now being frittered on smell-sticks.  But, like I say, I love it and I'm simply not ready to quit.  A man's gotta have a vice (particularly an obsessive freak like yours truly), and it's either that or gambling or whores!  And it's probably much cheaper - athough, nearly seven feckin quid for 20 Marboro! I remember when I lived in Sheffield, 25 Royals from the Happy Shopper 'round the corner were two quid! Incidentally, this very same Happy Shopper used to sell a litre and half of 'alcoholic beverage' for £1.99 - yes, that was what it was called on the label.  What a bargain!  Less than two quid for the same effect as laser eye surgery performed by a one-armed break-dancer with advanced Parkinson's Disease!

No comments:

Post a Comment