Tuesday 18 January 2011

P-p-p-pick up a...

Ooops!
I know I'm going on about my geriatric friends down at the gym/pool, but observing them this morning made me think of a zoo.  They obviously clamber into their figure-hugging(!) swimwear before the pool is ready; and when the staff give them the all-clear, they emerge from a little door at the far end of the building en masse.  So, out they waddle, and only one thought comes to mind. Penguins!  A gaggle (is that the right collective noun??) of blummin' portly penguins!! Yes, they look exactly like penguins being let out by the zoo-keeper.  Sadly, not one of them has comically fallen over yet, or slid into the pool on their bellies in an oh-so-cute way... but give it time.  Think I might video them each morning - £250 would come in nicely care of You've Been Framed!

Thought I'd just say that I feel blummin' ELECTRIC today - yet, the pessimist in me always thinks, "yeah, but what's around the corner, bozo?  It won't last you know!"  Just can't help it.  Never seem to accept that things could possibly go well for me. I always feel things will eventually go tits up, or that I'll get found out for being a fraud, or that I'm bound to let me and everyone around me down.  Although, a little bit of me has decided that, if things are gonna go pear-shaped, I might as well enjoy the ups while I can.  Make hay while the sun shines, and all that...

No comments:

Post a Comment