Wednesday 2 February 2011

More power to 'em!

These days, I feel I have very little new to say in this thing.  Life just ticks on by and I don't drink.  It's not a 'battle' nor a 'struggle' or anything burdensome at all - I just don't drink.  As result of having nowt much to say about alcoholism, I might take my first foray into sharing my musical tastes.

I adore Elbow - for me, Guy Garvey is a genius (a word used far too bloody often; but in this fella's case, the cap fits).  His song, 'Great Expectations' is quite possibly the most romantic song ever written (see and hear for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khrDr5v_O2I).  Mind you, there are so many beautiful and wonderful songs in Elbow's repertoire, it's so hard to pick a favourite.

Their new single, 'Neat Little Rows', is out soon and, if you're expecting an immediately accessible smash, you'll be sorely disappointed.  On first listen, in all honesty, it's a bit of a curio.  But, I have a feeling it will be one of those songs that insidiously plants itself in your consciousness and, before long, you adore it!  Personally, I prefer the new song 'Lippy Kids', that will no doubt be on their new album.  Amusing, clever lyrics ("I never perfected that simian stroll.") coupled with beautiful mellifluous music.  There's even a whistled refrain in there!  You can check both songs out at http://www.buildarocketboys.com/

Tits!
And while I'm at it with music, why not books as well?!  I implore anyone to read the books of Paul Auster - they are truly amazing!  'The Music of Chance' and 'The Book of Illusions' are seriously top picks.  Eat your shoplifting, alcoholic hearts out, Richard & Judy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment