Monday 14 February 2011

Bourbon Boulevard

I've had a bit of a strange weekend.  Saturday was curious as my reactions to the inevitable defeat at Old Trafford surprised me.  Normally, I'd be filled with despair, anger, abject disappointment.  But, this time, I practised an old-fashioned bit of AA-esque 'letting go'.  And, by God, it works!  I just didn't mind.  Of course, I'm disappointed, but absolutely nowhere near the extent I have been in the past.

Sunday was oddly tough.  I was very very grumpy and M was really getting on my nerves (I hate feeling that way about my daughter, but she's particularly clingy these days and it's nigh-on impossible for me & L to get any Husband & Wife time...).  Plus, I felt as though I'd pigged out and ate far too much this weekend; and couple that with Sunday being my non-Gym day (which, taking into account my obsessive and addictive nature, makes me feel agitated), I was struggling.  There was a bag of giant chocolate buttons in the fridge and I just could not leave them alone.  I went through nearly the entire bag with a ridiculous voracity - and the fierceness of the way I snaffled 'em freaked me out!  Yeah, I know, it seems a bit excessive to feel this way over a bit of chocolate; but the nature of the way I craved them made me think of the way I used to go at booze.  Drink, drink, drink until there is absolutely nothing left in the house!  One chocolate button is one too many, and an ocean (assume they're melted) is never enough!!!

Anyway, feel a damn-sight better today.  I always have to remember that the lows are simply transient, the highs are a treat, and the plateau is cosy, calm and a jolly-nice place to potter along on.

No comments:

Post a Comment